L-1A Intracompany Transferee Executive or Manager- USA

L-1A Intracompany Transferee: Our Vancouver USA Immigration attorneys have helped companies with transferring Executive or Manager to USA.

  1. How can an international company set up a U.S. business entity?
  2. What options are available for an international company to manage the company from the U.S. and live in the USA?

L-1A status is designed for managers and executives performing their duties for a U.S. company that has a “qualifying relationship” with a non-U.S. company. Once the foreign’s U.S. business is set up then the managers and executives will qualify to start managing the USA company and the Spouses of L petitioner will qualify for open-market employment authorization documents (EAD).

Business– USA

The U.S. business entity may be solely owned by executives or Managers, owned by a Foreign Company, or a combination of the two. Other owners may be permitted as well, but at least 50% of the ownership must be traceable outside the United States to secure employment authorization.

The company must register in the United State of America, obtain a business license, and apply for an EIN number from the IRS. Providing Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws, Partnership Agreements or Operating Agreements will likely be required. Our Vancouver Immigration attorneys can assist you with drafting any or all of these documents.

Who can benefit from L-Intracompany Transferee?

L-1A status is designed for executives and managers coming to the United States to manage an affiliated U.S. division of a foreign company,
L-1A – an alien who, within 3 years preceding the time of his application for admission into the United States, has been employed continuously for one year by a firm or corporation or other legal entity or an affiliate or subsidiary thereof and who seeks to enter the United States temporarily in order to continue to render his services to the same employer or a subsidiary or affiliate thereof in a capacity that is managerial, executive, or involves specialized knowledge, and the alien spouse and minor children of any such alien if accompanying him or following to join him.

Two options are available to file your petition:

Option 1: submit it at USA port of entry upon application for admission to the United States.

Option 2: Courier application to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)_ and request for a Premium Processing Service (adjudication within 15 days) available – I 907 – for an additional fee of USD $2,5000.

Contact to speak to our Vancouver Immigration lawyers

YA Law Corporation

504-938 Howe Street
Vancouver, BC V6Z 1N9
Tel: 604.620.9598 | Fax: 604.620.9597
Email: info@yalaw.ca